Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ice Ice Baby Ice

A cold thin mist lingered over as people flocked onto the ice. Amidst the rowdiness of the children and frantic screams of the Idiots that are falling, a certain serenity and peace was found. I had every intention to make full use of this new found relaxation. So, I held her hand and gently progressed, she slowly gingered along as this was her first time on skates. Though our journey was littered with sporadic halts, it was enjoyable.
Evantually, her confidence grew, along with her skill. We started picking up speed. This was when the fun truly started. We had a ball of a time as she gleefully pranced ahead as I spun circles around her. We stopped every now and then to take the occasional picture(s)...
That's right folks, I went ice skating with joemin! Why do I like ice skating? It makes me feel like there is more than what I am accustomed to. That life is bigger than me. It opens a little window for me to peer into the winter wonderlands of the north. This gives me hope that my life in the future would be more of a thrill than it is now, because there are so many things that I do not usually do, but can do. (skiing, snowboarding, cozying up in a bed w/o the need for air-conditioning...)
This day the 15th, is also a marker for me and Joemin. It's our monthly anniversary. We have a habit of celebrating every monthly anniversary, which in my opinion is a really good practice. This month being our 30th, I decided to do something different too, something a little more romantic. Hopefully ice skating did the trick :D


Here is a picture for all the curious cats out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment